You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14-1-2017 16:52:39  #1

Gundka MW Typewriter

Anyone seen one of these? I had not heard of this machine (index type) before.

http://nh.craigslist.org/atq/5931259411.html

I wouldn't even know how to classify it -- I guess it's portable. Looks to be in decent shape

14-1-2017 19:47:26  #2

Re: Gundka MW Typewriter

Well, they did say small and lightweight--and it probably at one time had a wooden cover or case to go with it.  I would say it was a portable.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

14-1-2017 21:15:34  #3

The case is included! I asked the seller whether it's in working condition; he'll get back to me. (Of course he probably doesn't know much about typewriters anyway.)

16-1-2017 00:36:49  #4

These days, most people (I'd give it a conservative 98%) selling typewriters online don't seem to know a typewriter from a hole in the ground.  All they apparently see is a pile of iron to shift to someone else for top dollar--And the scruples factor looks to me to range anywhere from manipulative to downright corrupt enough to say the whole machine is in excellent condition when only two or three keys hit the platen.

27-1-2017 23:58:35  #5

Additionally, unlike selling used cars, there are no "lemon laws" in place to protect the buyer from fraudulent claims put out by jack leg mechanics and oily salesmen.  To further complicate matters, this being an international forum, we deal with international markets, whose methods and ethics of marketing are as wide and varied as the number of people participating in said markets.

29-1-2017 22:18:09  #6

It's pretty fascinating, and looks to be in great shape! I'd pop for it... if I had the money, of course.

Board footera