You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-3-2014 08:36:11  #1

FS: Oliver No 9

Ciao!
Brian S
"Life in itself is simple, we choose the complexities in how we live it", me

24-3-2014 12:12:24  #2

Re: FS: Oliver No 9

I wish I knew more about these Oliver machines; I'd like to buy one some day, but I always have a hard time figuring out if they're complete and what their real value is. I almost bought one locally for $125 that seemed to have all its original parts, but that opportunity passed me by. There's another one that has been advertised in my area for what seems like a year now, but the seller is asking $500. Sorry, but these Oliver models aren't that rare and it's little wonder he hasn't been able to sell it. 

Looking over your machine I noticed a second set of spools. Are those original to the machine? Does it operate properly with the generic spools that are currently on it?

Is there anything else you can add about its condition? It looks like the paint is in rough shape, which is understandable given its age, but are there any other issues with the typer?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-3-2014 13:55:51  #3

well I got ripped off!  I paid $525 for it on ebay!  I love it, don't really want to sell it but could use the money. I'm trying to start a jewelry making business. I have a Hermes Rocket, that is my goto typewriter.

It is in really good condition.. not sure what you mean by spools, there are spool covers that you can put on if you want but I leave them off, doens't really need them. Just about any standard ribbon works and that is what I have in the machine.

The paint is a litte rough but the overal condition is very clean, I think the person that had it before me completely rebuilt it from the ground up, I'm guesssing, I don't know for sure. It arrives very very greasy.. I don't plan on putting any grease on it at all.. 

It doesn't take much force to strike the keys.

Ciao!
Brian S

24-3-2014 14:01:47  #4

Ouch, that's too bad. I hope it sells at a price that minimizes your loss. The spools are what holds the ribbon. So you're saying that there is also ribbon covers too? I didn't see them in the photos. I'm tempted, but unfortunately it's just too much for me.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-3-2014 14:04:30  #5

well the spools are what was on it when I got it.. 
the second picture shows the spool covers laying to the right side of the typewriter on top of the manual that also comes with it.

Ciao!
Brian S

Board footera