You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-4-2017 11:33:41  #1

Will an Olivetti Lettera 32 ribbon fit in a DL (33)?

Hi everyone,

I am a complete newbie to the typewriter world and I am actually buying my very first typewriter this afternoon from a chap selling his old Olivetti Lettera DL online locally. I have been looking for ribbons for it but most ribbons are advertised as being for Olivetti Lettera 22, 31, 32, 35, etc. and I was wondering if the omission of the DL/33 was on purpose or just because there weren't that many around so people didn't think of mentioning them in the list.

Thank you all very much in advance!

03-4-2017 11:49:43  #2

Re: Will an Olivetti Lettera 32 ribbon fit in a DL (33)?

Yes, standard 13 mm ribbon is used by all Lettera models, even the electric. Does the DL you're looking at have its spools?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-4-2017 12:14:07  #3

Thank you for the response. I am not certain yet, though I believe it probably does because it seems to be an older person selling something he just doesn't use anymore and looks to be in generally decent shape but I will confirm when I get it for sure.

03-4-2017 13:46:33  #4

Good -- the spools are the hard thing to replace (though you can find them online), and really you should use the original spools since the machine may not work properly otherwise. Ribbon you can get at Staples if need be, and wind the ribbon onto the Olivetti spools. 

04-4-2017 14:04:41  #5

So turns out I have both original spools (one of them was in a box for some reason). Also it seems that the vibrator is stuck or something because it doesn't move very much at all and the print head hits too high. At first I thought it was that the ribbon had dried out, but I can get a print when I hold it a bit higher than normal. Also I have checked to make it isn't set on stencil so that isn't the problem.

04-4-2017 14:25:07  #6

Update: seems to have broken itself free somehow. Great stuff!

Board footera