You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-3-2017 12:56:51  #11

Re: What typewriter are you using currently?

Greetings: though I am the new kid on the block and posting only rarely; I don't want to drop out. About one page of text per day on my Lettera 22 is about my average amount of output, on what I am trying to convince myself will be the next best seller I also need to do as Fleetwing is doing and adjust the alignment of the capital letters.

I consider it a privilege to visit here and am slowly dropping out of other internet forums I belong to. All this is due to advancing age, I am thinking. Take care everyone.

24-3-2017 15:23:44  #12

Stick with it, David! You're definitely welcome here. 

I've had an uncharacteristically electric week. I normally shy from typewriters that need to be tethered to a wall receptacle, but in the past three days I exclusively used four of them, a Lettera 36, an Olympia Report Electronic, a Sears 'The Corrector', and just now I was typing a letter to a friend using an IBM Selectric III (and making use of different typefaces). It's enough for now, so I'm going to push them all aside and switch back to something mechanical.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

04-4-2017 11:22:19  #13

Hi everyone ! Currently I use a Japy 121 (1947) on my desk, and a Rooy Portable (round keys, 1951), which are my best working typewriters. I use them as a writer. And I use my 1910 AZERTY Bennett for poetry.

04-4-2017 17:42:20  #14

I just finished typing a few pages on a recently purchased 1980s Typewriters Works Maritsa 12 that is a companion model to the Maritsa 22 that I already owned. It types rather well given it's essentially a Keller & Knappich Princess 100, but the escapement still needs a little fine tuning, so I just swapped over to a 1949 Smith-Corona Clipper that is in a whole different league in terms of type feel.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

04-4-2017 18:19:21  #15

That vintage Clipper is really lovely to use (and look at).

04-4-2017 19:15:56  #16

1922 Remington 10. 
For whatever reason, I can't get the paper to feed in the right way, so I have to feed it in reverse, but it is totally worth it. I love the action and the font. 

05-4-2017 09:19:06  #17

Sounds like an issue with the rear feed rollers. Have you looked examined it to make sure it's turning freely and that the rubber is free of flat spots?

06-4-2017 04:24:39  #18

Yes, I'm sure that's the problem--and my rather superficial investigation didn't immediately see anything wrong with the rollers, which are intact and not flat, but still not gripping as they should. At this point it is just my own laziness as to not wanting to get in there and start tearing apart the machine to fix it. Perhaps someday when things calm down a bit in this hectic life....

06-4-2017 14:47:38  #19

Remington typewriter.

08-4-2017 01:04:00  #20

I've been sticking to standards of late, and today I'm using a '65 Royal Empress, which is an appropriate name for this particular model.

Board footera