You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07-4-2017 19:01:47  #1

Right hand return lever vs. left hand return lever

I was wondering what everyone's opinions were on this subject. I am sort of fond of the right hand carriage return lever system.

07-4-2017 22:43:52  #2

Re: Right hand return lever vs. left hand return lever

I prefer left-side line space levers, mostly because that's what I'm used to using because the vast majority of typewriters have them mounted there. And since I'm right-handed, the left-sided lever keeps my right hand free to take a sip of coffee while I'm advancing the page to the next line.  

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

08-4-2017 01:01:43  #3

I don't have a preference either way.  The L.C. Smith machines I own both have it and the are my most used machines.  I have other machines where it is on the left.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

08-4-2017 09:24:04  #4

colrehogan wrote:

I don't have a preference either way. The L.C. Smith machines I own both have it and the are my most used machines. I have other machines where it is on the left.

I have 6 LC Smith standards and 2 have the right hand return and the others have it on the left.
My LC Smith had its platen recovered (comes in the mail today) so it will get used more.
I don't really have a preference.

My blog - Just Typewriters

08-4-2017 09:25:58  #5

I meant to say my L C Smith no 5.
No edit button.

My blog - Just Typewriters

Board footera