You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-4-2017 00:29:48  #1

Brother gx 6000 typing, but below type guide

So, I have a Brother gx-6000. It types fine, the characters are clear as a bell, but I can only
See the very top of whatever letter I'm typing, so basically, I can't see what I've actually typed
Until I've moved onto the next word, or used the enter key to scroll the page up. Is this normal?
I'm very new to typewriters, but it seems that the type guide is out of alignment, or the actuall letter
Stamps( sorry I'm new). Any way to adjust this? Recap, the machine is electric, types clearly, I just
Can't see what is actually on the paper in real time.

20-4-2017 17:15:35  #2

Re: Brother gx 6000 typing, but below type guide

I'm not familiar with the machine, but what you're describing sounds like a ribbon vibrator that isn't lowering - if that machine even uses a vibrator system of some kind. Unless there's someone here who is familiar with that model, a photo of the type point area might help.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

21-4-2017 00:02:32  #3

Hi JJ

​The Brother GX-6000 is an electronic print-wheel or daisy-wheel unit where the print carrier moves along the platen. If the typed letters are not immediately visible, this tells me the ribbon cartridge is not dropping down after each letter is struck. The petals of the daisy (character tabs of the print wheel) should be visible when the ribbon has dropped between letter strikes.

Check to make sure that both the lift-off correction tape and the ribbon cartridge are seated correctly and locked onto the carrier. Do a Google search for (Brother GX6000 Manual) and you can download the manual in PDF for this unit. Hope this helps to point you in the right direction. All the best,

​Sky 

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

28-4-2017 01:25:42  #4

It's not uncommon for the Brother electronics to print in a way that can not be seen. The consumer models have an option called 'View' which raises the typed line to make it easily visible after a half second pause. I don't believe the GX-6000 has that. You can see it on the GX-6750 as the green Code option 'View' on the M key.

Surprisingly some of their office level machines, like the EM series for example, don't have that feature.

Board footera