You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-5-2017 21:02:06  #1

Where to find an Olympia SM9 and/or SG3 service manual?

All, 

I am in search of an SM9 and/or SG3 service manual.  If anyone knows where to find one please let me know.

Thank you,
John

06-5-2017 23:29:03  #2

Re: Where to find an Olympia SM9 and/or SG3 service manual?

The Ames Basic Manual for Standard Typewriters, 1968, on the bottom of this page covers the SG-3.

07-5-2017 05:27:04  #3

07-5-2017 08:46:32  #4

SoucekFan wrote:

The Ames Basic Manual for Standard Typewriters, 1968, on the bottom of this page covers the SG-3.

Thank you very much that document is very useful it will be a great help.

07-5-2017 08:51:28  #5

I've looked at these great looking compendiums many times however which one would cover either the SM9 or the SG3?  As far as I can see there is up to SM7 in one book which I'm going to be picking up (I have an SM7 and looking to get an SM3) and there is the SG1 book which I don't think I would need (I don't have an SG1).

Thank you.

08-5-2017 20:44:15  #6

cotturj wrote:

I've looked at these great looking compendiums many times however which one would cover either the SM9 or the SG3?  As far as I can see there is up to SM7 in one book which I'm going to be picking up (I have an SM7 and looking to get an SM3) and there is the SG1 book which I don't think I would need (I don't have an SG1).

Thank you.

Yes, you're right -- the later machines aren't covered by these manuals. Ask Ted Munk directly, though -- maybe he's preparing manuals for the later ones as we speak.

08-5-2017 21:48:53  #7

Fleetwing wrote:

Ask Ted Munk directly, though -- maybe he's preparing manuals for the later ones as we speak.

​Is he actually writing service manuals? I had assumed those books of his were just compilations of the owner's and service manuals that you are floating around the internet and that some have uploaded to the database.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

09-5-2017 07:24:41  #8

Fleetwing wrote:

cotturj wrote:

Thank you.

Yes, you're right -- the later machines aren't covered by these manuals. Ask Ted Munk directly, though -- maybe he's preparing manuals for the later ones as we speak.

That would be great if he was compiling a resource for these machines. From the looks of how popular they are I would bet he is. That is of course if he can get source material.

09-5-2017 07:25:49  #9

Uwe wrote:

Fleetwing wrote:

Ask Ted Munk directly, though -- maybe he's preparing manuals for the later ones as we speak.

​Is he actually writing service manuals? I had assumed those books of his were just compilations of the owner's and service manuals that you are floating around the internet and that some have uploaded to the database.

I don't own any yet but I would believe that you are correct from what I've seen.  It is nice to have it all printed, bound and in one place though.

09-5-2017 13:36:36  #10

Yes, I believe these are just compilations. Even so, as you said, it's good to have them in one place (and I'm not sure whether all of these are available elsewhere already).

Board footera