You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01-4-2017 00:25:57  #1

Help needed from native German speaker.

I'm getting more and more serious about adding an Olympia Model 8 to my collection, and eBay Germany is the natural place for me to look, since I prefer the international keyboard etc.
   I have not used my German for decades, and 'rusty' would be an understatement.  I want to be able to ask the seller if he or she is willing to pack to my very simple but specific instructions.
   If anyone feels able to help me express this in a clear and friendly manner, and help with a sentence about how to pack, I would be very grateful...

Sincerely,
beak.

29-4-2017 11:00:32  #2

Re: Help needed from native German speaker.

Hi Beak,

I'm a new member and just saw your post. If it's not too late, I can help you out with your German.

Steven

11-5-2017 05:46:38  #3

Hair Vise wrote:

Hi Beak,

I'm a new member and just saw your post. If it's not too late, I can help you out with your German.

Steven

Hello
Thanks for the offer!
The first thing I want to be able to say is:  "Would you be prepared to pack the machine in a way that I show you?  This is a simple way to pack which will protect the machine in the post, and is not difficult to do.  Thank you."

Sincerely,
beak.

18-6-2017 15:24:07  #4

I'm also German.

"beak" wrote:

Would you be prepared to pack the machine in a way that I show you? This is a simple way to pack which will protect the machine in the post, and is not difficult to do. Thank you.

Um die Schreibmaschine auf dem Postweg nach Möglichkeit nicht zu beschädigen, sollte sie gut verpackt werden. Das ist nicht schwierig und ich kann Ihnen zeigen, wie Sie das am besten machen. Wären Sie damit einverstanden? Vielen Dank.

This uses formal addressing ("Sie"), as usual when conversing with unknown people.

Greetings
sirius

18-6-2017 17:17:50  #5

Vielen Dank!

Sincerely,
beak.

Board footera