You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12-6-2017 18:12:14  #21

Re: Purchasing a typewriter (Corona No.3 Folding) - things to look for?

Hello Brownfox.
I went out on the web in search of some kind of exploded diagram for your machine to get a better idea of what we are looking at but I can't compare what I have found to your pictures and video clip as something has happened to your posting and the links are no longer available at the time of this posting.
I do have the beginnings  of an idea as to what might be going on but, I will have to do some more research and maybe you can try to re-post your picture and video links.
I don't know where Uwe the site owner and moderator is on this topic, he is usually the guy to talk to about anything Olympia.
PS. not that it really matters, it's Mr.
HABD!!

12-6-2017 23:13:29  #22

That was kind ofy ou to go to so much trouble - I think I may have isolated the problem. On the floor of the case I found a loose spring, (on the left) with attached on the loose end a tin piece of right_angled metal with 3 holes punched in it. Here is the link to the pix

https://goo.gl/photos/FWE5nzuQBDPe5i6B6

You can see it plainly,held up by a screwdriver, in the last shot. I"m sure it is the missing bit,but where the devil does it go?, Suggestions much appreciated!

13-6-2017 05:37:21  #23

OK, That L-shaped bracket screws to the top side of the cast frame.  There should be two of them, left and right.  The side with the two holes - one hole is for the screw that attaches the bracket, the second hole is to attach the top of the side casing AND the bracket.  The arm with the single hole - that is to attach the spring that returns the shift.  You should have two springs and two brackets.  If you haven't, someone has been dismantling your machine and has lost the parts !

13-6-2017 09:23:59  #24

@thetypewriterman, I'm glad I read your post before I posted my answer, that's just what I was going recommend.
Even if it does not fix the problem in question, at least it will be a problem corrected.
Brownfox, I hope this does fix the problem with your machine.
I do have to admit however, that I think there is something else going on with your machine.
We shall see.

HABD!!

14-6-2017 12:10:42  #25

Thanks again to everyone for helping. Mr thetypewriterman and Mr RattleTap you are both invaluable resources. I did as you suggested and hoked the spring and screwed the screws - the effect of all of which was NOTHING! No improvement of the shift situation at all! However, I'll take the positives _- something got itself repaired
My AdlerTippa arrived from Germany this morning - a beautiful sleek black one, a sort of Mercedes of typewriters. Now, maybe it's because they're both German machines of  more or less the same era, but I detect certain similarities. What I hope to do is commandeer the dining-table for a day and work over the linkeage system of both machines to try and pick up any clues. The shift on the Adler works  perfectly. It has a different problem - its keys stick. Still, at my price-range you can't have everything!
Thanks again for all your help, I shall certainly be calling upon your storehouse of knowledge again.

Board footera