You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01-10-2015 15:22:12  #21

Re: Whats the worst typewriter you have used?

...What is that? It looks like a Blick, but it's not. Never seen a two bank typewriter before...

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

01-10-2015 15:28:49  #22

ztyper wrote:

...What is that? It looks like a Blick, but it's not. Never seen a two bank typewriter before...

Unlike Blick, this machine uses "real" ribbon instead of ink rollers. The three keys on the left are all shift keys, which rise typewheel to the desired position of the characters.

Heavily infected with typewriter aquisition syndrome... Please help!

01-10-2015 17:48:51  #23

What' it called?

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

01-10-2015 17:51:20  #24

Its a Helios

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

24-2-2016 23:25:11  #25

I can remember a 1951 Remington "Electri-Conomy" that was so bad, I threw it out the window.  I would press a key, and about three seconds later, the typebar came up.  And the carriage return I had to help with my finger to push the carriage back to the left.  That machine was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!!!!!!!!  It did teach me a lot about typewriter repair, though.  It took just about every trick in the book to get through a letter.  

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

24-6-2017 23:36:10  #26

JanetLand wrote:

I dislike all typewriters that have the backspace on the left side the keyboard.

I'm sorry but this cracked me up! I just picked up a Royal Quiet Deluxe today at a garage sale and it has the backspace at the upper left-hand side of the keyboard.  Indeed it requires some…  acclamation. Haha

Board footera