You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-7-2017 07:28:03  #1

FS: Voss S24

Hi there,

until now, I've had no success selling any of my typewriters -- I have not even received a single request, auctions did not sell. So the others I enlisted are still available.

This thread however is now for the machine named in the title, a Voss S24 machine. The platen is hard as rock and doesn't draw in the paper, thus I am unable to verify whether this machine works. The carriage does move, though, even ringing the bell. Typebars do not return, but do reach the platen mostly.

The typewriter has the serial number 68348, which the typewriter database dates to 1953.

The typewriter is located in Unna, NRW, Germany. Please PM me if you're interested; I suggest 20 € plus shipping to wherever you live. The machines has a weight of 6.2 kg.

Greetings
sirius

04-7-2017 07:29:17  #2

Re: FS: Voss S24

I have 27 posts on this forum and still need to complete silly CAPTCHAs for posts -- one for preview, one for posting. An earnest plea to the forum admin: disable that! It is frustrating.

05-8-2017 08:11:18  #3

05-8-2017 12:15:52  #4

sirius wrote:

I have 27 posts on this forum and still need to complete silly CAPTCHAs for posts -- one for preview, one for posting. An earnest plea to the forum admin: disable that! It is frustrating.

​I have no idea what you're talking about. There isn't any captcha requirement for posting here, and I've never seen a captcha screen come up, nor has anyone else complained about this. Are you sure the captcha you keep getting is from this forum and not something else? Can you post a photo of the captcha pop-up?

​Also, in terms of your eBay auction, you'll have to change the settings for it if you want international buyers to be able to see it. Right now, for example, when I click on your link it gives me the eBay "not available" notice. I know how to get around this, but if you want anyone in the forum to see (and bid) on the typewriter you'll have to change your auction setting. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

13-8-2017 02:19:39  #5

"Uwe" wrote:

​I have no idea what you're talking about. There isn't any captcha requirement for posting here, and I've never seen a captcha screen come up, nor has anyone else complained about this. Are you sure the captcha you keep getting is from this forum and not something else?

I am pretty sure I got this CAPTCHA here a few times. Right now I don't, but if I get it again I will post a screenshot for you.

"Uwe" wrote:

Also, in terms of your eBay auction, you'll have to change the settings for it if you want international buyers to be able to see it.

Oh, I didn't even know that it is hidden in that case. Thanks for the hint -- I will do so next time. Problem is, ebay wants me to ultimatively fix the shipping costs when I check that option, which however depend on the target country and cannot be stated fixed. My experience with ebay buyers is that they get very, very, very quickly upset about shipping cost questions (I have had the joy to have both ebay and paypal "customer support" in contact with me about this silly thing). I guess I will then have to choose the shipping costs to New Zealand or whatever is the most expensive country to ship from here and state in the description that the shipping costs may be lower for any given country.

Anyway, if you're interested in this machine, it's still available. Nobody bought it.

sirius

13-8-2017 06:03:20  #6

So. I have tried. EBay doesn't let me mark it for international selling -- maximum is shipping to countries of the European Union. For worldwide selling I am required to create a business account. That I won't do.

I'll thus simply stick to the note here in the forum I guess.

sirius

Board footera