You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

19-9-2017 06:31:23  #21

Re: Have you ever given a name for your typewriter?

"I'm not likely to ever own another one...." Keep us posted on that! So, what  model is your typewriter?

19-9-2017 23:57:08  #22

It's a 1946 Royal Quiet De Luxe, in basically perfect condition. My oldest sibling thinks that 71 years "isn't old" but if you met a 71-year-old human being in perfect condition you would certainly be impressed.

20-9-2017 06:50:51  #23

I try to name my typewriters, but only about one third of them have "their" name. I mean, I try to give them a proper name, something that says about the machine or how I perceive it. In fact, finding a name for a typewriter is quite entertaining. Some typewriters almost shout it in your face, but others remain silent. If someone has read Bleach, it´s a bit like getting to know your Zangetsu.

For example, right now next to me at my workplace I have a little army of them, and the names go like this:

- Sedens (Smith Corona Standard)
- Metropolis (Underwood All-Electric)
- Bug (Olivetti Valentine S)
- Asterion (Patria)
- Eneomaos (Remington Vertical Adder 21)

And apart from these, another 7 unnamed machines.

TaktaktataktaktakcluccluctaktaktaktaktakDINGtaktaktaktakCREEEEEEEEECtaktaktak...

(Olivetti Linea 98)

26-10-2017 08:09:17  #24

I've been pondering the idea of naming my newly acquired Olympia SM-3.  One of my grandfathers was named Otto.  That might be a good name for a typewriter manufactured in Germany.

Board footera