You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

21-9-2017 13:54:02  #11

Re: Need recommendation for a roomy, easy typing keyboard

Point taken, Uwe. 40-50 years of not using a manual did wring out all my fingers and brain ever knew about real typing! I'll be taking delivery of both a Silent Super and a Royal QDL tomorrow, really looking forward to those.

In the meantime, I'm working on a poor-boy replacement for the Hermes 3000's famously self-destructing platen knobs. It appears the original Hermes plastic knobs chemically outgas and shrink over time, but of course the steel shafts they are closely fitted to don't, so the knobs eventually just split open and disintegrate. I noticed when looking for my 3000 that it was very rare to see one with both original knobs intact. Usually at least one was missing, like mine. Once I found some green replicas on line, at (choke) $54 a pop, I ordered and received some sample knobs from an online supplier to experiment with - I hope to modify one of them to be a $3.00 replacement. Black, yes, but $51 cheaper.

22-9-2017 11:40:57  #12

I have a device called a NEO 2 that I carry with me when travelling (when it becomes difficult to take my Lettera 22) center to center, the key spacing on the home run is about 17.5 centimeters; it's made by a company called Alphasmart (for children) and has a built in memory. Though I feel guilty when using this (I use it most when I travel by air)) it is super easy to type on - I suffer from serious arthritis in my hands.... so I succumb.

22-9-2017 13:14:42  #13

We've kicked around the Neo at least a couple of times here (http://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=14890#p14890 and http://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=625) and it seems fairly far removed from an actual typewriter. If it came to having to use one I'd just rather use my notebook; it's not much bigger and is far more versatile - and the keyboards are nearly identical.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera