You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-9-2017 11:17:01  #1

Facit 1620 Owner's Manual

Greetings All

​Yesterday, September 21, 2017, I was gifted 5 typewriters by a collector who is downsizing his collection. One of the units is a 1969 Facit 1620 S/N P699168. The previous owner figured this machine was probably beyond repair as he couldn't get it to work. After looking at it, I can tell the whole machine is just gummed up solid with dried oil. All being well, it will get a full cleaning and servicing this Sunday afternoon. The only things that have me baffled on this unit are the tabulator set and clear controls. Does anyone have an owner's manual for this machine they can scan to PDF or JPEG. Thanks for checking and all the best,

​Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

22-9-2017 13:38:53  #2

Re: Facit 1620 Owner's Manual

I have a 1620 and seem to recall that its tabulator system is no different than what was used for the TP2, so maybe these instructions will help you:

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

02-10-2017 16:50:59  #3

Hi Uwe

​Thank you for the information. Figured I'd better give an update on this machine. Cleaning and servicing was successful, tabulator release bar that runs along carriage was stuck solid, works now. All I need to do now is to figure out something for the feet. The old rubber literally crumbled in my hands when I took them off. All the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.

03-10-2017 14:24:59  #4

Got one at a garage sale cheap, and the only prob was carriage was stuck. Could only type one letter at a time, vertically.        It's tricky that way. 

Throw up into your typewriter every morning. Clean up every noon - Raymond Chandler

03-10-2017 18:08:22  #5

Sounds like the margins were both set to the middle of the carriage.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

03-10-2017 18:43:13  #6

Hi Ivan

Look to the left of the figure 1 key and you should see a chrome lever just above the ribbon color selector, this is the carriage lock lever. Push this lever down then back to unlock the carriage. Let us know if this helps,

​Sky

16-5-2021 21:02:16  #7

Realizing this Discussion goes back to 2017...

But did notice that Richard Polt has a Facit 1620 User Manual available for free download on his web site :

https://site.xavier.edu/polt/typewriters/Facit1620.pdf

Board footera