You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29-3-2015 18:56:31  #11

Re: Early Olympias

Your Progress is very similar to mine, and as you have discovered the keys are plastic. One of the improvements that Olympia was striving for was better longevity for the key surface including the character impression on it. I'd have to say that the company succeeded in this regard as the keytops on all of the machines I have first-hand experience with are still in very good condition.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

01-4-2015 00:21:57  #12

Same with my three (plus one sold) machines. These keys hardly show any signs of wear at all, while I have quite a few younger machines with keys irrevocably scarred, scratched or discoloured.

15-10-2016 13:40:18  #13

I know this is an old thread, but I had a question regarding the pre-war Olympia portables, specifically the 30's Simplex. Do they have the silent carriage return, like the SM's where they don't ratchet back through (I forget the correct terms for describing this)?

06-10-2017 11:10:17  #14

Just rebuilt basket case 1934(?) Olympia Progress portable. Serial no 40253. Remarkably it was all there except the 2 carriage ball bearing cages. Any ideas?

Board footera