You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30-10-2017 16:57:47  #11

Re: '64 Olympia SM9 Replacement Rubber Feet?

Right, that's what you want -- so it won't shift around while in the case (and it needs to be centered in order to fit into the case in the first place).

30-10-2017 17:15:14  #12

gnuyork wrote:

MancFrank wrote:

It's inhibiting the keys, but not locking the carriage itself - it seems not quite to engage with the carriage rail / bar, so I'm hoping this will merely (!!) be a case of adjustment. Well, that's as I recall, anyway - not had chance to get it out of the case since Thursday - it's been a little hectic here.

OK... mine locks but only when the carriage is in the center position. As far as I know, that's how it's supposed to work... I thought is was broken at first, same for my Olivettis.

From what I've read, otherwise digested & experienced first hand, all Olympia carriage locks - from the beginning of the SM series, at least - will lock only in the centre position. They also have a 'pre - select' feature whereby you can set the carriage lock and THEN advance the carriage to the centre, whereupon it engages automatically.

In the case of my SM3, the required mechanical connection ('jaw' engaging with rail) falls short by approx 1mm, as observed directly with the MK. I human eyeball 

30-10-2017 17:49:30  #13

Well, after consulting both Steve & Tom, it appears that the best route will be cannibalisation (certainly for the sake of originality - Steve can only manufacture in plastics, not rubber - at least as of now). 

Apropos of nothing really, but in the course of sending Tom (who didn't know the SM9 was introduced so early) some crappy camera 'phone pics, it seems my machine (251xxxx) is earlier than any other SM9 currently logged with Typewriter Database. S'pose I'd better take some proper pics soon...

30-10-2017 18:32:35  #14

MancFrank wrote:

In the case of my SM3, the required mechanical connection ('jaw' engaging with rail) falls short by approx 1mm, as observed directly with the MK. I human eyeball 

I see.  Hopefully it's an easy fix.

30-10-2017 18:54:18  #15

I hope so too!

Apparently, the carriage is adjustable via a couple of fishplates, so hopefully, it'll be as easy as a little screwdriver wielding (famous last words!).

Board footera