You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11-1-2018 13:41:36  #1

WTB: pre-1963-ish Erika (or any of the re-branded models)

Hi there,

After hearing enough high praise to fill an Olympic swimming pool, I've decided that I want to add an Erika to my collection. I know they were made under a large number of names, so I'm open to any of the variations, as long as they are East German. After noticing an alarming trend with Ebay's prices, I wanted to come here first and see if anyone had one for a more reasonable price. I'm pretty flexible on the model, with a preference toward the M, the 5, and the 10, respectively, but open to a number of other models as well. I'm posting this now to start my search early, but I intend on shopping around for a while. Feel free to message me on here with questions or send a private message my way with any offers. My only real restriction is the age (I'm not a fan of the mid-60's or later designs) and the keyboard. I just need a Latin alphabet--QWERTZ, QWERTY, AZERTY, etc. should all be fine. I'm learning the Cyrillic and Greek alphabets, but I'm not quite ready to use them for my writing just yet 

Thanks in advance!

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

13-1-2018 17:04:07  #2

Re: WTB: pre-1963-ish Erika (or any of the re-branded models)

Oh--one quick comment: While I'm not going to be too picky in this category: shiny black > just about any other color. Like I said, not super picky, but if it comes down to two identical machines, shiny black probably wins.

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

Board footera