You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-1-2018 13:47:28  #131

Re: SG Owners Club

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-1-2018 14:39:08  #132

Nice! We need a ballcap, in the gray-green of the SG1. Olympia cursive logo and "SG" in the Congress typeface. "Schreibmaschine Gross" might be too long to fit on the cap, however.

24-1-2018 17:54:36  #133

The ball cap you described would look really good, and it's not likely that you'll bump into another person wearing one - except for maybe at a type-in. And you're right, acronyms are a must because most German words won't fit on a ball cap! 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-1-2018 20:26:03  #134

Depends how big your head is.

Sincerely,
beak.

02-2-2018 18:11:06  #135

I'm in and out of the SG club in one post. Bought a beautiful SG3 a month or so ago but I just can't warm to it's looks, so on Monday it goes to a new home.
But all is not lost. I'm now on the lookout for an SG1.

25-2-2018 16:52:16  #136

One of my favorite machines. I have 3 of them. Up till recently they were my daily workers, and I still mostly work of these machines, but the Torpedo 18's have become my favorites though my heart remains with the Green Demons.

Art is horsesh*t, buy tacos instead---Bukowski 

25-2-2018 16:55:37  #137

PaulH wrote:

I'm in and out of the SG club in one post. Bought a beautiful SG3 a month or so ago but I just can't warm to it's looks, so on Monday it goes to a new home.
But all is not lost. I'm now on the lookout for an SG1.

Ebay has a few well priced right now--expecting that they will most certainly come shipped with something damaged or loose, If you can fix them, the price is right. I bought one for 40 bucks knowing, even though I pleaded with them to ship it accordingly, that it would come with some damage. Sure enough, it did--the carriage release was jammed but it was a simple fix

26-2-2018 13:23:14  #138

I like my SG-1, but can’t type on it for long periods even with it on the lowest number on the touch control.  Am I doing something wrong? My SG-3 has a case of mystery brown goo that is behind the keyboard above where the keys rest.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

28-2-2018 19:06:24  #139

colrehogan wrote:

I like my SG-1, but can’t type on it for long periods even with it on the lowest number on the touch control. Am I doing something wrong? My SG-3 has a case of mystery brown goo that is behind the keyboard above where the keys rest.

It might need a cleaning. I have mine set on the lowest number control too and I do get tired after awhile. I chalk that up to have my Torpedo as my daily typer--which has the lightest and snappiest touch

28-2-2018 19:48:53  #140

You should be able to type comfortably all day long on a SG1 (or any other well maintained standard typewriter for that matter). 

​If you're getting tired then something isn't right. It could be that the typewriter needs maintenance (or perhaps repair). It's also possible that your typing position isn't correct (the ergonomic positioning for using a typewriter keyboard is not the same as for a computer keyboard). Of course if you're an infrequent typist it does take a little while for hands, wrists and forearms to tune themselves to exerting themselves a little more than they would pressing down plastic computer keyboard keys.

My point is that it's not a characteristic of the SG1. And inevitably when someone thinks one machine is much lighter and easier to use it's because the other machine is not properly tuned.

Board footera