You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

09-3-2018 19:30:57  #1

Interdental Brushes

So I found these things in the toothbrush aisle called Interdental brushes. They look like little test tube brushes with a handle. 16 come in a pack for $4. The brush fits perfectly in the segment slots. I just tried one out on my clipper that has recurrent sticky keys. A little bit of cleaner and these brushes and all sorts of crud came out! I'm very excited, I've never seen them before and I think they can do some real scrubbing in there. I'm going to buy a bunch just in case they stop making them.
Jeff

09-3-2018 23:19:52  #2

Re: Interdental Brushes

Hi Jeff

​Those along with cotton pipe cleaners from a tobacconist work really well for cleaning the slots in the segment. The fuzz on the synthetic pipe cleaners from the hobby and craft store tends to dissolve with some of the more potent cleaners like toluene and lacquer thinner. All the best,

Sky 

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

27-3-2018 17:21:13  #3

That's a cool idea.  What solvent were you using?  I imagine naptha would be okay.  I use regular toothbrushes with naptha and they hold up all right.

27-3-2018 17:26:06  #4

I was using naptha and the brushes held up fine. They eventually lost their shape and came loose, so I had to use a few for the segment. Worked well!

Board footera