Typewriter Talk

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-3-2018 12:09:56  #81

Re: Typewriters in the Movies

And you might have been the only one who noticed it!

22-3-2018 13:50:56  #82

Lucas Dul wrote:

... Yes, I understand how hard it is to film such a large production and keep it 100% historically accurate, ...

​It's actually not that hard - when it comes to typewriters - but for the reason that Fleetwing mentioned, the majority of propmasters aren't all that concerned with such details.

"To save time is to lengthen life."

22-3-2018 14:22:01  #83

Lucas Dul wrote:

Not entirely sure if this was posted about before, but I was recently recommended by a friend to go see Wonder Woman. While I’m not at all into superhero’s or anything of the sort, and tend to dislike their butchery of traditional Greek mythology (the Thor franchise) I found it to be a really entertaining movie. But this isn’t a review. I was bothered by one tiny tiny continuity error. The movie takes place in World War One, which we all know lasted from 1914-1918, but in the scene in the British war office where the secretary is on the phone with the protagonists, a Royal 10 is seen in the background...with a single pane of glass. Wait...what?!
That machine couldn’t have been made before 1921, and that rubbed me the wrong way throughout the entire film. Yes, I understand how hard it is to film such a large production and keep it 100% historically accurate, and yes, the machine has mere seconds of screetime and is no plot element, but still. It bugged me. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

By the way, I can't resist noting that Thor is from Norse, not Greek, mythology! 

22-3-2018 16:11:04  #84

Fleetwing wrote:

By the way, I can't resist noting that Thor is from Norse, not Greek, mythology! 

Yes!  My bad!  Being the mythology nerd I am, i can’t believe I made such a novice mistake.  Two mistakes if you’ve got sharp eyes.  Royal used single panels after 1923, not 1921.  My bad, though that doesn’t make it any better!

Typewriter collector and repair geek

Board footera