You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22-3-2018 16:35:49  #11

Re: Anyone got ideas on what models to make new feet for?

Dear Lucas,
Actually I agree with you - but wooden feet are better than nothing.  The first set that I did was for a film shoot, so as long as they looked the part (and they did) it didn't matter.  The second set was for a customer who wanted to use the machine only occasionally and I did explain the problem and sell him a proper wool felt typewriter mat to place the machine on.  No feet wouldn't have been an option in this case since the keylevers and other linkages would have been touching the desk.

22-3-2018 20:14:40  #12

thetypewriterman wrote:

Dear Lucas,
Actually I agree with you - but wooden feet are better than nothing.  The first set that I did was for a film shoot, so as long as they looked the part (and they did) it didn't matter.  The second set was for a customer who wanted to use the machine only occasionally and I did explain the problem and sell him a proper wool felt typewriter mat to place the machine on.  No feet wouldn't have been an option in this case since the keylevers and other linkages would have been touching the desk.

Ah well, certainly makes sense in some cases I guess.

Typewriter Service Tech (and avid nerd)

04-4-2018 15:56:47  #13

Lucas, I used to make mine out of caulking too! Lol. Mine had the same issue, but in addition were really soft and also non grippy.

Sorry for the lack of response here. Still setting up. Right now I am going to focus on some vintage computer feet, and once those are tested (As I have them on hand to test), Ill move to these!

Keep posting! Remember, if youve got the model on hand, that would be great.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

08-4-2018 07:27:52  #14

Heres an example for some Quadra 700 feet (Computer) I made. New ones white, old ones gray.

https://imgur.com/gallery/A9tzz

Think I am ready to start up a batch of typewriter feet! PM me and we can work it out from there.

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

Board footera