You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28-5-2018 17:02:04  #1

Olivetti Lettera 22 Carriage Return Lever part

Does anyone out there have the part that the carriage lever attaches to?  The machine I'm trying to repair has one that is cracked at the post and cannot be repaired.   I believe it's aluminum.

02-6-2018 16:03:06  #2

Re: Olivetti Lettera 22 Carriage Return Lever part

Hello, Gaust

I have one to spare, but I live in São Paulo, Brazil. Let me know if you think it worth the shipping.

Victor

12-6-2018 22:15:45  #3

I managed to repair the cast aluminum part the lever screws onto.  I used a super glue to repair the cracks, then cut a piece of aluminum flat bar and filed it to shape to fit on top, epoxied it to reinforce my repair.  Then I re-attached the repaired part to the post using Gorilla Glue.  It works now, but looks a little rough with the black epoxy bar glued on top of it.  I plan to paint it all with silver enamel to make it all look like one solid piece again.

It works to advance the line space and carriage, but the spring that returns the lever is not working and probably not attached.  Has anyone repaired this?  If I take the left carriage knob off, will I be able to access the spring and reattach it?

13-6-2018 00:16:37  #4

I can take a picture when dissassembling the donor machine. Maybe it helps to answer your questions.

13-6-2018 10:24:32  #5

Thank you.  Yes, that might help.

Board footera