You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14-6-2018 10:22:34  #1

How rare is a vintage Smith Corona Enterprise?

I've been familiarizing myself with the different vintage models that have been offered by Smith Corona. I understand that the clipper was the entry version, followed by the sterling, silent, etc...but I have come across one that has been identified as an "Enterprise". Are these considered rare? I can't find barely any information about it.

Thanks,

14-6-2018 10:35:09  #2

Re: How rare is a vintage Smith Corona Enterprise?

I found this on YouTube and he is also baffled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiVBDfizm2I

15-6-2018 16:40:39  #3

I have come across "Enterprise" labelled 5-Series models a few times. There were other Smith-Corona models that used the same name too, so I suspect it was a model name that was specific to a certain retailer of Smith-Corona typewriters. The same practice is still in place today: many large retailers will order models that slightly differ, even if only in name, so that it becomes a store 'exclusive' model (and can make price comparisons impossible).

​Is it rare? I really don't like that word as it's often over-used in typewriter collecting. I don't consider it rare, but it's certainly harder to find than the machines that used the regular 5-Series model names. Personally I wouldn't pay more for an Enterprise than any other 5-Series model given that there's nothing special about the machine other than its name.  

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

15-6-2018 18:43:19  #4

Thanks Uwe much appreciated, that makes sense since there doesn’t appear to be anything unique about it (other than the name) over a standard sterling.

Board footera