You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

07-7-2018 08:32:10  #11

Re: Pelikan branded silk/seide ribbons

I've recently been trying another typewriter, an Adler Primus. The Pelican ribbon appearently is not fine enough for its typewriter font, it's not at all a sharp print it leaves. Interestingly, the same ribbon leaves a reasonably sharp print on my Olympia SG1.

Jip, could you post that photo you have been speaking of? I think I've found where I can get those KMP ribbons, but if possile I'd like to see the difference. A close picture of both prints would be nice.

sirius

07-7-2018 14:55:29  #12

I did another examination of my three typewriter ribbons, and did a thread count.
Note: "Width" is spanning the width of the ribbon, i.e., 1/2 inch (13 mm);
"Length" is he direction of the 8, 10, or 12 yards the ribbon is long.

Cotton ribbon: 128 per inch W x 072 per inch L

Silk ribbon:  192 per inch W x 128 per inch L

Nylon ribbon:  192 per inch W x 128 per inch L

I was *shocked*.  I thought the silk ribbon was supposed to be something like 300 threads per inch, and it isn't.  At least not today's Kores-brand ribbon.  Nevertheless, the Nylon ribbon edges out the silk ribbon in print qualiy, but loses out due to poorer print color.  In the end, though, the Nylon ribbon had the clearest print output.

-- Ardie

08-7-2018 20:20:04  #13

I think we got a spammer here, Uwe.

Bangin' around, this dirty old town, typin' for nickels and dimes...

09-7-2018 13:36:47  #14

treefaller wrote:

I think we got a spammer here, Uwe.

Yes, the number of these losers who have been trying to sneak into the forum has risen dramatically of late. Thanks to everyone who reported the post. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera