You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18-9-2018 16:24:19  #1

New Melissa McCarthy Movie -- Typewriters!

I saw an ad in the New York Times for her forthcoming movie, "Can You Ever Forgive Me?", which is a true story about a woman who forged letters from famous persons. The ad showed her surrounded by typewriters -- a couple of Super Speeds, an Underwood 5, and others, each with the name of the famous person associated with that typewriter. (You want to consistent if the letters are supposed to be coming from the same person.) It opens in November, I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_You_Ever_Forgive_Me%3F_(film)

19-9-2018 11:24:02  #2

Re: New Melissa McCarthy Movie -- Typewriters!

Nice find. Looks like there's a good variety of models in the film. The scene at 1:51 of the preview is tough to watch though. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

29-9-2018 08:53:56  #3

Re: New Melissa McCarthy Movie -- Typewriters!

Uwe wrote:

Nice find. Looks like there's a good variety of models in the film. The scene at 1:51 of the preview is tough to watch though.  

It make a reappearance at 2:20, though maybe that's a flashback? Note it was filmed with the typewriter carefully dropped upright on a padded pile of trash, so no actual typewriters were hurt during the making of this film.

Board footera