You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26-12-2018 08:49:40  #781

Re: New Member Thread

Hey everyone!

I’m Jon, people call me Norm though. I teach computer applications classes in North Carolina and have had a fascination with typewriters and typing since I can remember. It led me to computers of course, but over the past few years I’ve been yearning to get back to my roots and on a typewriter. I’ve eyed a few beauties but was always a little apprehensive about pulling the trigger. My wife decided she’d heard enough about it and picked up an Underwood Finger-Flite Champion for me. I think it’s from 50s-early 60s. Have to do some research on it.

Outside of an issue I’m having with it, which I may post about in the appropriate part of this forum, I really like the machine. Very nice looking and it just feels welcoming. Hoping I can get it in full working order soon.

I hope to learn from you all, can’t wait to see your machines and hear your stories, many of you have been at this a way longer time than others and I’m sure you have some great ones.

Happy holidays!

27-12-2018 09:59:50  #782

While typewriter hunting, I sometimes find online an interesting typewriter for sale that either I can't afford, is in a different part of the world, or both.  Is it appropriate to post something here to tell fellow typophiles to go take a look?  If so, where would I post it?

Thank you.
Noah

27-12-2018 10:51:27  #783

Welcome to the forum, Jon. Happy typing.

Noah, there are a couple of existing threads (topics) that could be appropriate:
Possible Acquistions Thread - A discussion of typewriters that you have your eye on
Your Ebay watch list - Typewriters of interest on eBay (or elsewhere on the internet)

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

27-12-2018 11:52:06  #784

Thank you!
Noah

02-1-2019 19:08:44  #785

Happy New Year all,

I've been a lurker for a few years and became a new member a few weeks ago.  Hopefully I'll be able to post a link to my small collection of typewriters in a bit.  Glad to see so much interest in the mechanical beautes after so many years of neglect.

CHUCK

04-1-2019 10:55:25  #786

Hello all,
My name's Paul. I hail from the Northeast US, and Cambridge Typewriter is my home base for reviving and maintaining my collection. Learned to touch type on a 1929 Royal 10 at home as a teen. Graduated to PCs and Macs, but still think it's cool to hear the thwack of type slugs on fine paper. Looking for type-ins, collector meetups, any other event where I can meet folks and learn something new.

04-1-2019 16:41:10  #787

Welcome to TT, Chuck and Paul! 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

21-1-2019 20:34:26  #788

Hi guys, my name is Chris, from San Diego, CA, I've been going analogue for some things, including photography and figured why not also have a typewriter as well. I picked up a Royal Companion for 10 dollars that seemed to have seen better days, but I think I saved this one from being picked apart for jewelry, from what the lady I bought it from was saying, glad I did, this beauty is cleaning up well, I just put in an order for new ink ribbon on amazon for now.

Side note - I'm not using WD40 to clean this thing, I've been watching youtube to make sure I do this right.

22-1-2019 13:58:56  #789

Welcome to the forum, Chris! 

25-1-2019 00:02:48  #790

Uwe wrote:

Welcome to the forum, Chris! 

Thanks for the welcome!

Board footera