You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-8-2014 07:02:12  #1

Silver Reed 500

Here's my second typewriter: Silver Reed 500. He's plastic-made but still doing the best he can. One of my friends named him Mustard-Swag.

25-8-2014 14:42:33  #2

Re: Silver Reed 500

How interesting !  In England, Silver-Reed sold two versions of this machine.  One with a 9.5" carriage, and one with a 12" carriage, like yours.  All the 9.5" carriage machines were white, and all the 12" carriage machines were dark green.  No other casing colours were offered !

25-8-2014 17:02:16  #3

Very cool, but I'm not sure about the name your friend gave it. I'd call it Orange Crush instead. Nice machine!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

25-8-2014 17:25:03  #4

thetypewriterman wrote:

How interesting ! In England, Silver-Reed sold two versions of this machine. One with a 9.5" carriage, and one with a 12" carriage, like yours. All the 9.5" carriage machines were white, and all the 12" carriage machines were dark green. No other casing colours were offered !

Here's some more interesting stuff: I've never ever seen a Silver Reed (doesn't matter which model or carriage size) that is not in orange colour here in Turkey

Uwe wrote:

Very cool, but I'm not sure about the name your friend gave it. I'd call it Orange Crush instead. Nice machine!

Thank you Uwe, at least it works. That was my main issue. That friend also loves typewriters and also an author but he's afraid to use one so gives names to his friend's typewriters

Last edited by Furkan (25-8-2014 17:25:50)

Board footera