You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02-11-2014 22:33:53  #1

Just About the Nicest QDL Gold

Hi all. I must say, I saw the prettiest, well maintained Quiet DeLuxe Gold, I have ever seen, and now I am spoiled, wanting only one that is equal to the beauty.

It is on eBay, at http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201209051858&alt=web

Is this a refurbished typewriter, or did someone really show it some love? Oh my gosh. If you can afford the finer things in life, check it out. If you cannot, well then... avoid it at all cost. No pun intended!

Oh, and if you are in the need to spread that wealth, I know what this child  wants for Christmas!

Mr. John Pagan
Type-Enthusiast 

02-11-2014 23:02:34  #2

Re: Just About the Nicest QDL Gold

I must be seeing something different on my monitor, because from those photos it looks like the gold plating is worn off in many places, predominantly the along the case's edges, and the rest of the plating is pretty scratched up as well. Inside the machine the type bar and key bar segments are fairly dirty, so it looks more like a case of neglect than love to me. I don't know John, I think that 50th Anniversary Royal has seen a lot of action!

I can see spending $450 on one of those models IF it was in pristine, like-new, condition, but that auction is for a typer than needs a replating.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera