You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-11-2014 08:02:01  #1

sears the corrector typewriter

I got an sears the corrector electric typewriter yesterday. i cleaned it up, but the only thing is it doesnt have a power cord with it. someone said home depot or lowes stocks cords for almost everything. is that true? is this typewriter even worth the trouble of finding a cord for it?  im looking at getting a manual typewriter in the near future, but would like to know how this sears one is?

16-11-2014 11:43:57  #2

Re: sears the corrector typewriter

(I moved this topic to the Repairs section.)

It's a bit of a Catch22. It would be very, very easy for someone like an electrician to make a cord for the machine, but if you don't have any experience working with electrical components it would be more difficult. I'd be shocked if Home Depot or any other store stocked the right cord for any electric typewriter, but that would depend on the female connector your machine needs. Pictures of where the cord plugs into the machine would help.

Is it worth the effort? That's more of a personal question. I like saving typewriters, and making a cord wouldn't be a problem for me, so in my case it would be worth it. However, if you're not at all attachted to the machine it might be a lot easier to just find another inexpensive electric that's working - there are plenty of them around.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

16-11-2014 12:06:32  #3

ok i will post a pic here. i just got it, but i kinda like it so ill see what i can do. my step dad is really good with electric stuff and well everything i will have to go ask him.

16-11-2014 12:08:12  #4

16-11-2014 12:35:32  #5

so i just got lucky, someone is selling me their the correcter typewriter, same as mine i think, for 15 dollars with case and powercord, and extra ribbon, only thing ill have to fix is the space bar and carridge return isnt working, but i can fix it or use the parts on the one i have that works, i assume

Last edited by flagrl (16-11-2014 12:42:08)

16-11-2014 15:27:49  #6

Um, why not just use the powercord from the one you're getting to power the one you already have? Maybe it works fine? Either way, with two machines you're bound to get one good working machine between them. As for your photo, that is a non-standard connector (as you would expect) so I would just have hard-wired the machine to a new cord.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

16-11-2014 17:21:19  #7

yea thats what im going to do, i just found out about this other machine right before i posted about it here. so im going to keep both and one is bound to work. between them. im lucky that this person had the same one she is willing to part with for cheap.

Board footera