You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-1-2015 19:05:51  #1

'Silent' issues

Ok, so I recently purchased a Remington Noiseless 7 Portable out of impulse because I was upset about stuff and I wanted a Noiseless. So it got here yesterday and I put a new ribbon in it. Brand new from the plastic off of ebay. However, I have noticed that the text appears to be faint whenever I type. I'll post some pictures of the sample typeface. The top is my Noiseless and the bottom is my standard Olympia SM-4. There are also some pictures to show how I'm installing the ribbon. I don't know for sure if it's in correctly. Am I doing something wrong?

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

06-1-2015 21:07:02  #2

Re: 'Silent' issues

Almost forgot the pictures!

07-1-2015 00:14:35  #3

Ribbon path looks to be correct. But, I'm a little confused. Did you use the same ribbon in both machines for the type sample, or just in the Remington?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

07-1-2015 17:55:23  #4

Because of the low impact pressure, Noiseless typewriters work best with a heavily-inked ribbon.  Try getting a ribbon intended for a printing calculator, and winding the fabric onto your machine.  This fabric is more heavily inked than typewriter fabric and should give you the results you want.

07-1-2015 21:10:21  #5

They're the same ribbon. And I think I'll look into the heavier inked ribbon. It's just that on some of the videos that I saw of this machine, the print looked darker. But I think it's the cheap ribbon I got. So I'll get another.

Board footera