You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10-1-2015 21:57:08  #1

Mystery piece on a Facit TP1

Hi all-

I just got a Facit TP1 that is in great shape except for one issue.  There is a flat metal piece on the carriage in the front of the rollers. It has come loose on the right side and I can't figure out how it is supposed to be attached.  There are no screw holes or anything and from what I can tell maybe it is glued? But that doesn't seem right. Anyway, does anyone have one of these that they can look at and tell me how it stays on? I'm attaching a picture with the part indicated. I know Uwe has one of these, so maybe he can chime in. Thanks!

Dave

ps - I haven't had a chance to take photos, so I pulled this one off the net. Thanks to whoever posted it.

Los Angeles, CA

11-1-2015 14:32:51  #2

Re: Mystery piece on a Facit TP1

It attaches to the carriage by two flat metal arms that extend from the underside of it, approximately 1.5 in. from each end of the paper guide. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

12-1-2015 18:46:59  #3

Thanks for the reply, Uwe. Actually, mine has come loose from the arm you are talking about and I don't see how it would have been attached in the first place. Does it look welded? I don't know if you can even tell. It's hard to see behind it.

Dave

Los Angeles, CA

12-1-2015 20:32:30  #4

It's not welded Dave, just bent from the same sheet metal the guide was stamped from. In other words, a solid piece. If you slide the carriage to either extreme you should be able to easily see it as they're only an inch or so in from the carriage end. If you really need photos I can dig my machine out tomorrow and take a couple. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera