You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

16-11-2014 11:02:47  #11

Re: SG Owners Club

Nice SG1! I think the variations between the machines over the years are interesting. I believe mine is a 1951 if I remember correctly, and I don't have a 1 key like you do on your machine. Also, many keys are in other places on my machine such as the fractions and the ! key. 

16-11-2014 11:56:48  #12

I was wondering when Beak was going to join the club! Now we just need Mr. Greene (and anyone else) to show us his SG1. 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

17-11-2014 06:13:22  #13

Ektagraphic wrote:

Nice SG1! I think the variations between the machines over the years are interesting. I believe mine is a 1951 if I remember correctly, and I don't have a 1 key like you do on your machine. Also, many keys are in other places on my machine such as the fractions and the ! key. 

Yes, Olympia in particular seem to have offered many interesting keyboards.  I have a soft spot for the mathematical / algerbraic version, which I think I have seen on the SM3&4 too, and shall perhaps find one, on day!

Sincerely,
beak.

25-12-2014 06:12:52  #14

I have a SM3 with Imperial typeface. Awesome ;)) Early 60s, probably from some city authority in Germany. (Imperial seems perfect for birth or marriage certificates.)

Anybody a suggestion with what to replace the four plastic holders of the top body? I put some loose rubber bearings between top and base, which helps a bit but does not really fix and prevent from rattling.

Thank you for any advice - and happy holidays!
Best, Claudia

05-1-2015 23:01:05  #15

Count me in as a member of the club since I just got my first one today. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I have been checking it and learning about it and I have a question. When I move the carriage by pressing the carriage release levers the carriage makes a noise that is not exactly a grinding noise but similar. More like a constant clicking noise. What is that and why is it happening?

Thanks,

Steve

Time is something you can never get back, use it wisely.

06-1-2015 01:04:46  #16

curly wrote:

Count me in as a member of the club since I just got my first one today.

Congrats Steve, and welcome to the club! 

curly wrote:

When I move the carriage by pressing the carriage release levers the carriage makes a noise that is not exactly a grinding noise but similar. More like a constant clicking noise. What is that and why is it happening?

A grinding noise doesn't sound right. It should be making more of a whirring noise, which is just the sound of its massive escapement pinion wheel spinning.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-1-2015 15:37:47  #17

My 10 yr old daughter asked Santa for a old typewriter.  Apparently he scrambled and found her an old SG1 which is now on my living room floor.  It works fairly well, he sent a new ribbon with it, but it does needs some TLC.  Next mission is to find someone who knows how to do that. 

06-1-2015 15:42:38  #18

Looks like your daughter might be the youngest member of our SG1 club. Santa couldn't have delivered a better machine. 

06-1-2015 23:35:06  #19

Congrats to all of the new SG owners! Mine once made a similar grinding noise but has not made it since, I think I realized that I was not depressing the buttons all the way

11-2-2015 17:27:51  #20

Hello!

I would like to join. I picked up this 1956 SG1 30 miles from my house this morning.  It needs a good cleaning, but everything is working fine. Once I get it cleaned up I will post proper pictures.

Dave

Los Angeles, CA

Board footera