You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05-4-2015 14:56:55  #11

Re: Olivetti lettera 25 line spacing

The extra spring would drive me nuts! It looks very common to me; I've spent too much time fiddling around with identical ones - albeit much smaller - that operate the aligning scales on an Olympia SG1. Sorry I haven't had time yet to check my Lettera 25s; however, if your machine works properly, maybe you're right that the spring came from something else. I'd certainly hang onto it though!

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

05-4-2015 16:38:38  #12

Re: Olivetti lettera 25 line spacing

Yes that spring is also driving me nuts, but I'm beggining to belive that whoever serviced the machine prior to me having it put the spring inside one of the cases with the sole purpouse of driving others who opened them mad. LOL this is because I clearley don't remember it being conected to anything it was just inside one of the carriage cases, the other thing that has me suspecting this is that all of the other springs are much shorter an way more stouter than this one, and finally the material seems to be shinier than the other ones. But thanks again  for the support Uwe!

I'm still keeping the spring on hand BTW.

Last edited by Jore.Mx (05-4-2015 16:39:20)

Just doin' some repairs.

Board footera