You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25-5-2015 16:18:33  #1

Who's the best active typewriter repairer here?

I really need help fixing the bell on my remington. WHos good at repairing, and frequently online? 

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

25-5-2015 16:37:55  #2

Re: Who's the best active typewriter repairer here?

Patience
noun
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
3. quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.

Okay, I couldn't resist putting that in, but this was the third thread you've started about your Remington's bell today. It's just a bell. Try to exercise a little patience, and I'm sure someone will eventually offer to help. There are a lot of people who join this forum just to get help with a mechanical issue they're trying to resolve, and those of us who repair typewriters try to help whenever we can. Asking numerous times isn't going to speed that process up. I had a brief look at your previous two threads and couldn't tell anything from the photos you posted. Better photos, or at least ones with arrows pointing to what you're talking about might help to illustrate the problem.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

25-5-2015 17:28:57  #3

Aww... it's tough being impatient and frustrated. I've had bell issues in the past, including one where I  couldn;t even see anything wrong with it, and it seemed to be working fine, but it just made hardly any noise. I sold the typewriter with it like that, so at least I don't have the problem any more!

Sounds like, at the very least, taking some pictures etc could be a good diversionary activity - and it might even help towards finding a solution...

25-5-2015 17:58:15  #4

Im sorry Uwe but I just want that fixed!

I really cant figure it out, because I cant push up the trigger any.

Back from a long break.

25-5-2015 20:27:57  #5

TypewriterGuy: I had a nonfunctional bell on my 1948 Remington Rand KMC. The mechanism that trips the bell was not working because it was very dirty. I don't know whether this will help you since you have a completely different machine, but here is my post on cleaning the bell mechanism. I was inspired to try cleaning after reading this message thread about a nonfunctional bell.

Last edited by Mech (25-5-2015 20:30:22)

26-5-2015 05:21:21  #6

Seems like something like a spring is broken. If I push down on it, it rings. Its too low to hit the margin though. Theres a little peice of wire sticking out too. I cant push up on the trigger, only down. And my typewriter isdifferent because its in the front of it, not the back.

Back from a long break.

Board footera