You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11-6-2015 17:17:51  #1

Adler/Triumph/Olympia: Original parts from former Adler worker.

Hi all
Info regarding spare parts for Adler, Triumph, Olympia.
I almost bought a Gabriele 25 today but backed out in the last minute. The seller and I hit it off though: A mutual liking for german machines. Turns out he worked for Adler/Triumph and Olympia in the 60's through to the early 80's. Both in Germany and Denmark. 
Anyway: He's got a huge stash of original parts for these typewriters since he also ran his own shop at one point.

So, If anyone needs anything specific (maybe just advice from an authorized Adler/Olympia-mechanic), I'll be happy to pass it on. He's nearly 70, so I can't guarantee speedy delivery or any parts in perticular, but if something comes up and you can't get any help... Who are you gonna call? 
Hope this leads to at least one happy member some day.

Out. 

11-6-2015 19:51:04  #2

Re: Adler/Triumph/Olympia: Original parts from former Adler worker.

I hear the sound of many typewriter clacking out long lists of parts needed.....

Aounds like a great resource - thanks for posting.

I'll start with an Olympia SG1 paper rest (of course) - the most sought after spare of all, I should think!

Sincerely,
beak.

12-6-2015 08:45:05  #3

Oh yeah... well my SG3 has no paper rest, and also the feed rollers are shot - of course my first port of call should be our own Typewriter Man... maybe I'll ask him if he has these and then if he hasn't we can bother the nice man in Denmark.

12-6-2015 15:36:55  #4

I'll get right on both requests.
I'd say that patience is a virtue, but that never seems to be an issue with typewriter aficionados.

15-6-2015 13:53:18  #5

Would you mind asking him if he has any parts at all for an Adler Model 7 (1909)? In particular, I  could use feed rollers, key trims, ribbon spools, and a knob that's located on the top left side of the carriage. Many thanks, and my fingers are crossed.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

15-6-2015 16:33:17  #6

Absolutely :-)

Board footera