You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-4-2013 10:33:16  #1

My Remington Portable in alligator paint

I like Remingtons and am particularly fond of extravagant paint jobs, so this one in a faux alligator-skin finish was a must have. Works well too. 

06-4-2013 15:47:01  #2

Re: My Remington Portable in alligator paint

Nice!

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. This way if you're right you will have a headstart and they will be barefoot.

07-4-2013 07:13:03  #3

Excellent looking machine - never seen the like.  Forgive a tyro's question, but is this a factory finish, or done by someone later on?  Love it and want it!

Sincerely,
beak.

07-4-2013 07:41:08  #4

That's a Remington Portable No. 2., unless I'm very much mistaken. If I recall, the Remington P.1s came in just jet black. Remington P2s came in a rather surprising variety of colours and finishes. That said, I would say that this was a factory finish. 

"Not Yet Published" - My History Blog
"I just sit at a typewriter and curse a bit" - Sir Pelham Grenville "P.G." Wodehouse
"The biggest obstacle to professional writing is the necessity for changing a typewriter ribbon" - Robert Benchley

07-4-2013 08:13:36  #5

beak wrote:

Excellent looking machine - never seen the like.  Forgive a tyro's question, but is this a factory finish, or done by someone later on?  Love it and want it!

Hi Beak. As far as I know it's a factory finish. There's nothing to suggest it isn't and I've certainly seen references to 'alligator' Remingtons.

03-6-2013 02:06:34  #6

Nice machine

Board footera