You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-6-2013 02:28:22  #1

Corona 3

This is a nice little compact typewriter. As with the Mercedes Superba the machine is in great condition but the box is not. It is fully functional and there's even a little ink left in the inkband. The great part of this item is the business card glued on the inside of the box. It shows that the machine belonged to Christian Jensen from the company "Isvafler og muslinger en gros" (Ice cream cones and clams wholesale), a part of Frederiksberg Waffle Bakery. The address is in Denmark but unfortunately the company is long gone (although ice cream cones and clams seems like a great mix ).
I believe this is a Corona 3 from around 1920?

03-6-2013 22:48:53  #2

Re: Corona 3

I agree that it's the humanizing touches that are some of the most exciting aspects of collecting these machines. Typewriters, and their history, are fascinating enough, but to overlay that history with who once owned it is the clam ice-cream on the cake.

Hancock wrote:

As with the Mercedes Superba the machine is in great condition but the box is not. It is fully functional and there's even a little ink left in the inkband. 

Most of the portables that I own came with travel cases that were in much worse condition than the machine that was in it. I'd call it par for the course. It's rare that I don't automatically replace the ribbon when I get a new typer. Even if it still leaves an impression on the page, most will have mould growing on them. Checking the rivet at the end of the ribbon is usually a good indicator or how bad the ribbon really is.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera