You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-10-2015 11:54:06  #1

Maintenance and Repair in Los Angeles

Typewriterlv wrote:

I second the suggestion of finding a great repair shop!  If I hadn't found such a reputable, experienced and reasonable repair guy, I probably wouldn't own all the typewriters that I do in such a short time.  I can certainly do the superficial cleaning myself but I trust him for any servicing and repair.  I just got an SM7 that I will be bringing to him for inspection.  The tab key hits the key below it when I press down on it.  Even though I don't use tabs much, I'm going to bring it in just so he can give it a general look-over and adjust that tab key so it doesn't hit another key.

Would you mind sharing the name/location?

20-10-2015 12:21:31  #2

Re: Maintenance and Repair in Los Angeles

When you have this information I'd suggesting submitting it in this thread: http://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=914

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

24-10-2015 23:01:36  #3

tothetrail wrote:

Typewriterlv wrote:

I second the suggestion of finding a great repair shop!  If I hadn't found such a reputable, experienced and reasonable repair guy, I probably wouldn't own all the typewriters that I do in such a short time.  I can certainly do the superficial cleaning myself but I trust him for any servicing and repair.  I just got an SM7 that I will be bringing to him for inspection.  The tab key hits the key below it when I press down on it.  Even though I don't use tabs much, I'm going to bring it in just so he can give it a general look-over and adjust that tab key so it doesn't hit another key.

Would you mind sharing the name/location?

Gary's Typewriter repair in Long Beach.  Great guy, such a character!

25-10-2015 14:28:33  #4

Typewriterlv wrote:

Gary's Typewriter repair in Long Beach.  Great guy, such a character!

Thanks!

Board footera