You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

25-9-2015 11:37:17  #1

Smith-Cornoa Standard 88 - Model 6A ribbon issue

First: anyone have any suggestions where I can get replacement ribben?

Okay so my issue, I might have inserted the wheels incorrectly but I can get the ribbon to scroll and it keeps hanging up. Suggestions?

thanks

Last edited by Campbell (25-9-2015 11:48:43)

25-9-2015 12:24:55  #2

Re: Smith-Cornoa Standard 88 - Model 6A ribbon issue

perhaps your ribbon reverse is engaged? As for getting replacement ribbon, you didn't say where you are located so it is hard to make recommendations.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

25-9-2015 13:01:10  #3

The Model 6A uses a standard ribbon, which is readily available from many internet-based sources. such as eBay, or from fellow member Typewriterman.  

If the ribbon is hanging up on the vibrator there's a good chance it isn't correctly installed. Make sure it's threaded through the vibrator and guides as on this Model 6A:

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

25-9-2015 18:49:37  #4

colrehogan wrote:

perhaps your ribbon reverse is engaged? As for getting replacement ribbon, you didn't say where you are located so it is hard to make recommendations.

I'll look into that, I'm in the USA (ohio) I was looking online trying to figure out what I'm suppose to buy. I'm a bit of a novious, though I used this typewritter in my younger years. 

25-9-2015 18:51:12  #5

Uwe wrote:

The Model 6A uses a standard ribbon, which is readily available from many internet-based sources. such as eBay, or from fellow member Typewriterman.  

If the ribbon is hanging up on the vibrator there's a good chance it isn't correctly installed. Make sure it's threaded through the vibrator and guides as on this Model 6A:

Hey, thanks. I will go look right now, I'm more than sure that's the problem. 

25-9-2015 19:20:58  #6

That appeared to fix the problem. It's also a really old (probably from the 70's) ribbon. I'll order a new on from the link you sent. Thank you.

Campbell wrote:

Uwe wrote:

Hey, thanks. I will go look right now, I'm more than sure that's the problem. 

Board footera