You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08-4-2016 13:39:47  #11

Re: Wish lists

They guy who bought it was thrilled! It's possible he wasn't as bothered about the typing action as I was. Go for it, I say.

08-4-2016 14:31:07  #12

The Quiet Tab Deluxe that I have types surprisingly okay.  I had heard not so great things about them, but it's got a nice touch.  I'm having a problem with the alignment of the upper case letters though.  Something in the shift is mushy, so if I press really hard, the caps are below the lower case, if I don't press hard enough they are too high. Well, I hope to get that sorted out eventually.  I was just glad to get the vibrator reattached and the ribbons spooling properly after shipping damage.

My wants... I don't have too many now on my wish list.  One thing I'm desperately wanting is a machine with Royal Vogue typeface.  Did I post that here already?  Anyway, I can't afford to pay the price for one from someone who knows what they have, so I will have to wait and stumble on one where someone isn't aware of what they've got.  A working Oliver would be nice to have too.  I've got the one my parent's gave me for Christmas, but it's got a gear with 3 teeth broken off, and I've been told there is a tricky ball bearing involved with replacing it, so I don't see myself getting that fixed.  Anyone need an Oliver 3 parts machine?

08-4-2016 19:54:00  #13

Spazmelda, how's the condition of the carriage of the Oliver?

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

09-4-2016 09:40:13  #14

My wish list:
Portables
Corona 3
Corona 4
Remington Portable 1
Underwood 3-Bank
Standards:
LC Smith Super-Speed (early style with boxy body).
Smith Premier Upstrike
Royal KHM
Royal 10 (early)
Remington 16
Continental standard  
Underwood 3
Everything else
Hammond
Blickensderfer 

My blog - Just Typewriters

Board footera