You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-10-2015 11:26:47  #11

Re: Getting cleaner type.

Uwe wrote:

That type sample still looks awfully messy. The quality of the imprint is much improved, but it almost looks like the ribbon is dragging across the paper, which normally only happens if it isn't spooled through the vibrator correctly. Then again, it's also possible that you're using a lighter weight paper and you have type on the other side of the page. How did your OCR test work out?

I find that I get ghosting with the backing pages in (two backing pages with my writing page on top).  The OCR worked okay--much better now at any rate.  I do wish I could find a better software for the OCR.

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

27-10-2015 12:15:26  #12

tricnomistal wrote:

I do wish I could find a better software for the OCR.

I spent a lot of time a year ago trying out freeware OCR software and got fed up with it all. In the end I bought OmniPage 18 and have been very satisfied with it. I found out that it's worth spending a little money on OCR software because you get what you pay for. You can 'teach' OmniPage to better recognize the idiosyncrasies of your machine's typeface, and it allows you to correct recognition errors on the fly within the software. However, I prefer to just export the text to a Word file and then make any corrections/adjustments within Word. The software is quite accurate and very fast, and you can use it for many more things than just typewritten pages.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

29-10-2015 22:37:33  #13

Uwe wrote:

I spent a lot of time a year ago trying out freeware OCR software and got fed up with it all. In the end I bought OmniPage 18 and have been very satisfied with it. I found out that it's worth spending a little money on OCR software because you get what you pay for. You can 'teach' OmniPage to better recognize the idiosyncrasies of your machine's typeface, and it allows you to correct recognition errors on the fly within the software. However, I prefer to just export the text to a Word file and then make any corrections/adjustments within Word. The software is quite accurate and very fast, and you can use it for many more things than just typewritten pages.

Well, I just discovered that Google Docs actually has a pretty nice free OCR ability.  It got this type sample perfectly.  If It stops working well for me though, perhaps I will have to invest some cash.

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. -- Ernest Hemingway

30-10-2015 04:58:42  #14

That's really interesting to know! A quick search has yielded this article, which may be useful - it will certainly help me... Thanks, tricnomistal!

Board footera