You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05-11-2015 08:31:07  #1

Jeez - what is this?

Sincerely,
beak.

05-11-2015 09:47:47  #2

Re: Jeez - what is this?

The link didn't work for me. Is it still there?

05-11-2015 16:07:38  #3

Maybe a bookbinding machine?

05-11-2015 16:21:07  #4

Spazmelda wrote:

Try new tab - drag link to new address bar.  Yes, still there.

Sincerely,
beak.

05-11-2015 16:28:33  #5

Snaffled this picture from the site....

Sincerely,
beak.

05-11-2015 16:46:17  #6

beak wrote:

Spazmelda wrote:

Try new tab - drag link to new address bar.  Yes, still there.

That doesn't work either. The problem is that you need to go to ebay.de first, then manually enter the auction number. Based on your IP address, eBay will automatically route you to your country's eBay site, and since the auction is a Germany-only one, it won't turn up when you search from elsewhere.

As for what it is, it's an accounting machine. Some had special hooks on the platen for specific forms, others, like this one, special paper feed mechanisms. Take a look at the numeral keys that look like they've been replaced at some point, and the massive decimal tabulator. Both are tell-tale signs of an accounting typewriter.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

05-11-2015 16:47:39  #7

OK, looking at my German dictionary (i.e. entirely in German) and online, it seems the word means an "accounting machine." But exactly what that would be, is a mystery.  It's not a calculator, certainly. I can only guess that it's a specialized typewriter to put together financial statements.

05-11-2015 17:14:34  #8

Fleetwing wrote:

It's not a calculator, certainly. I can only guess that it's a specialized typewriter to put together financial statements.

Most likely for filling out ledgers, as would be indicated by the extra width carriage. The regular keyboard provides the ability for descriptive ledger entries.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

06-11-2015 04:36:54  #9

If that contraption is a paper feed, it would be perfect for Nanowrimo! Blumin big beast though. The link works fine for me, maybe because I'm in the UK? Strange.

06-11-2015 12:18:36  #10

malole wrote:

If that contraption is a paper feed, it would be perfect for Nanowrimo!

LOL! It would be too much for me to be constantly staring at a ream of empty paper in front of me. As it is, I'm happy for the little break you get when loading a new sheet...

malole wrote:

The link works fine for me, maybe because I'm in the UK? Strange.

Could be. Or maybe if you're automatically logged in or not? When I use the link I'm automatically taken to eBay Canada and a message that states the auction has either ended or is not available. I suspect it's the same thing for those in the U.S. who might get a redirect to ebay.com.

Board footera