You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27-2-2016 00:35:15  #1

What the heck is a "Florida"?

Saw this on ebay. Price is a bit high for me. But I've never heard of this typewriter and I thought it was cool

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hermes-Green-Typewriter-Made-in-Spain-Enameled-Florida-Plaque-/131734055278?hash=item1eabf6296e:g:qGkAAOSwDuJWukWZ

Anyone know anything about it?

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

27-2-2016 05:30:16  #2

Re: What the heck is a "Florida"?

Not a Hermes, of course, but a Spanish-made version of the 'euro portable', also made in different factories as Oliver, Voss, Japy, Beaucort, Swissa etc.  The horizontal margin release key is a dead giveaway.  This one looks to be late 1960's/early 1970's

27-2-2016 11:22:01  #3

Ah, thank you. I just thought it was interesting because I have never heard of any Spanish typewriter manufacturers out there.

A high schooler with a lot of typewriters. That's pretty much about it.

11-3-2016 18:33:51  #4

That's a very interesting looking typewriter.  I've seen one or two typewriters made in Spain, but I can't exactly remember the brands, but from the looks of things, this one must have been made under license.  And as for the word "Florida," it is originally describes a "Flowery Land."  But there doesn't seem to be much flower on this typewriter--it's about as grey as I have seen.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera