You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31-3-2016 12:48:44  #1

Skyriter - new part identification and fix advise please

Hi - I found a 'Skyriter' in our local charity shop and bought for my 13 yr-old daughter.
Can anyone help with the questions below? The photos are hosted on Google Photos via the following link:

https://goo.gl/photos/A4qjmuSAXL9GPFBCA

Issues include: 
[1] Photo 5: What is the part that has come loose and where does it fit? 
[2] Photo 6: Is it possible to source the screw to fix the margin bar? See my temporary wire fix! 
[3] Photo 7: How does the paper prop cover attach? I can see the profusion on the right hand side but no apparent equivalent on the left had side. Also does the cover fit over the margin bar?

Many thanks, Ben & Olive

31-3-2016 13:27:44  #2

Re: Skyriter - new part identification and fix advise please

1. The part is from the left end of the carriage. If you look at the gear that is at the left end of the platen (it's a part of the line space mechanism), your part fits on the underside of it. The teeth of the platen's gear skips over the roller that is on your part near to the end closest to the camera.

2. No problem with the screw. Either measure the one that you still have on the opposite end, or take it with you to a local fastener supplier. I can't advise who you should go to since I'm in Canada, but it shouldn't be a difficult screw to source. You may end up with one that's too long, but it's very easy to shorten one to size (and impossible to lengthen one that's too short).

3. The paper rest valence attaches to the screws holding the margin bar. The two u-shaped pieces on the valence slip under the screw heads.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera