You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14-4-2016 00:33:50  #1

Torpedo 15a Ribbon Selector Lever knob replacement

Hi all,

I have a Torpedo 15a sitting around that is in need of a replacement knob for the ribbon selector lever. Just for reference, It is the red knob on the far right hand side of the typewriter (courtesy of Antikeychop's Torpedo 15a). I've been racking my brains to find a replacement but can't seem to think of one. Does anyone have any ideas?

14-4-2016 11:10:18  #2

Re: Torpedo 15a Ribbon Selector Lever knob replacement

Are you looking for an exact replacement part (a post in the Buy & Sell section would be the place to start), or an ersatz part to take its place that doesn't look too bad? Is the entire lever missing? Not familiar with the 15a, I don't know if the lever (and knob) are one piece, or if the knob mounts to the end of the lever. A photo of your own machine detailing that area would help.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

14-4-2016 20:24:25  #3

To answer your questions, I'm just looking for a substitute and not the actual part from another machine.

The knob and the lever are separate pieces and the knob is mounted at the end of it. I've posted a picture of the missing knob below.

14-4-2016 20:44:57  #4

So it's just a piece of plastic that slips over the lever protruding through the case in your photo? 

Looking at the photo in your first post, I'm instantly reminded of the cap on the zoom spot sewing machine oiler that I use for typewriters (see below), and wouldn't be surprised if it would fit after being heated a little. Short of that, you could try a silicone cap as offered by this company.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

15-4-2016 21:57:24  #5

Thanks Uwe I couldn't put my finger down for the name of the part. Guess I'll be heading down to the local hardware shops soon.

Board footera