You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-5-2016 12:28:26  #11

Re: Łucznik 1301 Carriage stuck

I'm sure that the two bolts you removed were there for a reason, so simply removing them probably isn't the right solution. Did you try threading them in further? From your photo it appears that the bolt threads through the frame. I momentarily thought that they might have been part of the original packaging to immobilize the carriage, but your machine isn't new and must have worked with them in there.

The two bolts aside, can you post a photo of the part (you called it a gear) that the spring was connected to? It's very possible it's the source of the problem and should be reinstalled before we begin looking at other things.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

15-5-2016 12:48:29  #12

I couldn't move the carriage when these screws were.

That's the gear that I was talking about. I saw this spring on that gear.

15-5-2016 14:28:47  #13

Oglocha wrote:

I couldn't move the carriage when these screws were.

I understand that, but those two bolts were there for a reason and simply removing them is not a solution. From your photo it appears that the bolt has a locking nut on it, which means it was designed to be adjusted. As I suggested in my previous post, perhaps threading the bolt deeper into the frame a little would have provided the clearance for the carriage to move past it.

Oglocha wrote:

That's the gear that I was talking about. I saw this spring on that gear.

That appears to be the escapement wheel, and the spring would be a crucial part to its proper operation, which means that the spring would have to be properly reinstalled for the typewriter to function. At this point I don't get a sense that you're capable of this repair, so I highly recommend that you take the typewriter to someone who knows how to repair them.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera