You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15-7-2016 00:04:01  #1


Olympia Traveller de Luxe

I bought this one on a hunch that Olympias have never disappointed. Though I'm not a fan of plastic bodies, this one felt great. It"s going on midnight and I'm still typing with it. A wonderful machine, and not one to be passed up.


Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.
 

15-7-2016 06:57:01  #2


Re: Olympia Traveller de Luxe

I have two of these, and they´re like night and day: one is wonderful and the other one looks like it´s been run over by a truck and performs accordingly... but it´s an Olympia. Even in that sorry condition it shows great qualities.

The Traveler Deluxe is a great affordable portable, take it wherever you want, use and abuse it, enjoy!


TaktaktataktaktakcluccluctaktaktaktaktakDINGtaktaktaktakCREEEEEEEEECtaktaktak...

(Olivetti Linea 98)
 
 

15-7-2016 11:34:53  #3


Re: Olympia Traveller de Luxe

It's a wonderful machine. It performs like a bigger typewriter. I especially like the typeface and, above all, the feel and sound of the keys. I like it better than (gasp!) my SM9.


Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.
     •Thread Starter
 

15-7-2016 11:49:29  #4


Re: Olympia Traveller de Luxe

typeset wrote:

... I'm not a fan of plastic bodies,...

Its case is mostly made of metal, not plastic. Just the grey trim pieces and the travel case lid are plastic.

 

15-7-2016 12:08:46  #5


Re: Olympia Traveller de Luxe

I won an auction for one of these, except in blue, just earlier this week.  The seller just shipped it out today, so maybe in a few days I will be able to see for myself.  I have an Olympia SF that is NOT all that fun to type on, so I hope this one is better.

 

15-7-2016 12:13:38  #6


Re: Olympia Traveller de Luxe

Uwe, you are correct: I misspoke. I wasn't thrilled by it at first, but the more I used it, the more it won me over. I'm not a fan of plastic keys, but this machine changed my attitude. And the sound....man, it's riveting.


Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.
     •Thread Starter
 

15-7-2016 13:07:03  #7


Re: Olympia Traveller de Luxe

That is a very nice typeface indeed. OK, so this one goes on the watch list too....

 

31-12-2016 13:05:58  #8


Re: Olympia Traveller de Luxe

I love it.

Here's my blog on why I love the Traveller

http://brother660trcorrection.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/blog-post.html

 

Board footera