You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03-8-2016 19:47:47  #1

Olivetti Lettera 32 DL

Got this today and love it. I've wanted a Lettera 32 for quite awhile, and this one performs superbly. It came in zip-up blue case and was made in Italy. It has a great feel. Besides wear and dust from long storage, its only flaw seems to be that it's missing one nut in one of the spools.

Visit my website, eafeliupoetry.com, for posts on typewriters and literature.

03-8-2016 23:18:09  #2

Re: Olivetti Lettera 32 DL

Hi Typeset

I think you'll find this is actually a Lettera 33. The Lettera 32 is usually a single color and has a really narrow space bar, too narrow for my big fingers. However, you have a great looking typewriter there. The Typewriter Man from England sells reproduction spool nuts for these Olivetti typers. All the very best, Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

03-8-2016 23:42:21  #3

Hi Again
 ​For picture of a Lettera 32, see eBay item # 322215882829, see what I mean about the really narrow space bar. I ended up giving my 32 to the 12 year old daughter of a close friend. I've never seen a child get so excited about something old and used. She loves the unit and types letters to her friends. All the best, Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

04-8-2016 00:36:11  #4

He got it half right in the subject line for the thread. However, it's either a Lettera 33 OR a Lettera DL. Most (all?) Lettera 33 models have the number written either on the ribbon cover or the paper table. The DL (at least the ones that I've seen) have Lettera DL on the paper table. The DL supposedly stands for De Luxe, whether or not that still makes it a 33 I don't know. I've never come across one that had 33 DL on it.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

04-8-2016 11:13:44  #5

Thanks, guys. It was advertised as a 32 but doesn't have the number on it, so I assume it's simply a DL. How should I clean it? Should I use an air compressor?

04-8-2016 11:14:32  #6

Skywatcher, can't find the username for the English supplier.

04-8-2016 13:10:31  #7

typeset wrote:

Skywatcher, can't find the username for the English supplier.

thetypewriterman posts here often and is a great help to forum members. Just send him a PM and he'll be able to take care of you.

As for your Lettera, what's written on the paper table of your machine?

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

04-8-2016 15:16:06  #8

Uwe, it says Olivetti Lettera DL.

04-8-2016 17:21:09  #9

Cleaner now: I used olive oil on the pleather. 

08-8-2016 03:58:33  #10

typeset wrote:

Cleaner now: I used olive oil on the pleather. 

This cracks me up as the typewriter is Italian, and so is olive oil, lol

Using vintage recipes, patterns, lifestyle tips, etc. sourced from my own personal collection
http://vintagebythebook.blogspot.com/

Board footera