You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06-6-2015 00:45:56  #11

Re: Alpina Help?

Yes, that's right: tab stops.  You press down to add and up to remove.  There is also an 'all clear' button behind the carriage release.  Your touch control is under the top cover on the right.
Very nice machine - I think you will come to love it.  Great too that you have the German and French characters etc. - so much more useful than fractions. IMO,

Sincerely,
beak.

06-6-2015 02:57:02  #12

Oh God yes, a million times more useful!

More to follow in due course

06-6-2015 03:36:57  #13

PS
I do have the original manual.  If you can't find it on line, let me know and I'll scan it for you.

Sincerely,
beak.

06-6-2015 07:16:37  #14

Hi, actually I have found it! Richard Polt has two uploaded. For some reason the fact that I hadn't already downloaded it made me think it wasn't online. Haha. Bit slow on this one! Many thanks for the offer though.

13-10-2020 16:29:59  #15

Knowing this post is back from 2015, thought I would bring it up with a newer machine in my collection.

This is a 1960-made AMC typewriter which was a re-badged Alpina typewriter for American markets.

I bought this from the surviving daughter of the 1-owner of this machine who bought it on his way to college.  He passed away in 2012 but she was not ready to let-it-go until 8 years later.

Besides a deep cleaning and a few minor adjustments and a new ribbon, this machine types flawlessly.  It is also a heavy "portable" coming in on my digital scale without its case at 17.8 lbs.

The case was torn in places, stained and discolored; so I gave it some covering repairs and a new color scheme.

Board footera