You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10-8-2016 18:12:11  #1

Mint Green Hermes 3000 - Paper Advance Lever Not Working

So...I kind of didn't know the Hermes had a special hub/index assembly attached to the platen until I committed the cardinal sin of pulling it out. Now, I cannot seem to get it back into working shape. What all do I need to do to put the left platen knob/pins back into place so the carriage lever works/advances the paper?

Any assistance would be incredibly helpful! I found this post (http://cambridgetypewriter.blogspot.com/2011/05/replacing-hermes-3000-platen.html) on the topic and so wish I would have it prior to doing the work, as my wife wasn't too happy when I told her I may or may not have temporarily broken her "new" machine.

10-8-2016 18:54:44  #2

Re: Mint Green Hermes 3000 - Paper Advance Lever Not Working

I haven't worked on too many of these machines, though I had a script writer 3000 once that gave me trouble with the "visible flying margins."  The post looks like a good guide to putting that hub back in.  The only thing I can add to it is don't force anything.  Good luck in getting it together.  In the meantime, I have a couple of scrap 3000s of my own, and if you still need help, I'll see what I find out in the meantime.

Underwood--Speeds the World's Bidness

Board footera